The job where I learnt the most about product management was at Peoplesized where I worked as Project Assistant. In this position, among other things, I was managing a web application that was developed for data collection and risk mapping of Malaria in Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Swaziland. My task were listed as follows:
- Designing the front end of new features as requested by end users.
- Testing the application’s user interface for usability to ensure positive user experience.
- Providing technical support to users.
- Compiling bug reports from malfunctions I discover or ones reported by users.
- Managing communications with project partners (Clinton Health Access Initiative and University of California, San Francisco).
- Preparing manuals and training materials for users.
- Recording, editing and publishing screencasts showing users how to use the application
My employers were very nice folks from the UK and Canada and I learnt an incredible lot from them until they moved back I left the job when I moved to live in Angola. For more information on the DiSARM project visit the DiSARM project website.
Contact details of my employer and recommendation letter available at request.